Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I've had a lot of jobs. Radio producer, radio sidekick, marketing director, barista, phlebotomist, window-washer, telemarketer, waitress... it goes on, but this is getting ridiculous.


Oh! And Mom! I've been a Mom for almost a decade. Holy crap that means I'm getting old...


I've heard it said that it's the hardest job in the world. And some days, I agree. There are times when it is painful. Mindnumbingly difficult. But there are so many other days when it's not. Like when I get to spend the summer at the pool "for the kids". Or when one of them tackles me and gives me a giant squeeze and out of nowhere and says "I love you" or "you're pretty" or "you're the best mom ever" or, or, or...


So it's true that I've had a lot of jobs. And I will have more. But being a mom is the only job I will have for the rest of my life. And I have to say that it is, hands down, the best one I'll ever have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice entry........