Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Do Not Call

Remember this? Yeah. Me too. So I'm always curious who is calling because we just don't get that many calls any more. Love that do-not-call list. Anyway, curiosity got the best of me and I picked up the phone. And there, on the other side of the line, my "unknown caller" was a recording offering me a free DVR and installation in up to four rooms of my house! Except, that, again I ALREADY PAY THEM FOR THAT. So I pressed 1 and waited to find out why they were calling me and if I could please get off that list. And then I was connected to a very nice lady in India who, when she discovered that I probably wanted something she couldn't give me, promptly HUNG UP ON ME.

I'm pretty sure my contract runs out this summer.

Any bidders for the next one?

p.s. One more call and I'm naming names.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You know, we have used one company and now use another. Once this contract runs out we are switching back. The company we CURRENTLY use always sends us mailers about getting free installation, etc. WE ALREADY PAY FOR THAT!