Saturday, September 27, 2008

Parental Supervision Advised

Hunter and Meadow were sick and had to stay home a week or so ago. Mike took the day off to stay with them because HE'S THE BEST HUSBAND EVER. And also, I really needed to be at school. I wanted to let him sleep as long as possible, so before I left with River I told the kids they could get breakfast and not to get Daddy unless they really needed to get him. They asked if they could make toast and I said yes, "but you know you're not allowed to cook anything else, right?" Nods assured me this was understood.

So when I left the house at 6:30, I was surprised to hear my phone ring a few minutes later.

It was Mike.

Apparently the toaster was set really high. So when it burnt the toast it set off the fire alarm. Mike was rudely awakened to a fire alarm and his daughter screaming her head off in the kitchen.

On the upside, the house wasn't burning down.

No comments: