Sunday, December 2, 2007

Busy!!!

Just a quick hello. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow afternoon. I've got a pretty important exam tomorrow and I need to study as much as possible. Mike's working this weekend so it's harder to study without him running interference with the kids. (Really just River - the big kids are good about letting me study.)

I don't know if it's because we always lived in ranch style houses when the older kids were this age or what, but River seems much harder than they did (or maybe I'm just that much older and slower...?). Anyway, I've tied the dining room chairs to the table because I'm tired of hollering at him and moving them back dozens and dozens of times a day. Oh, and it's really inconvenient that he's moving them so that he can reach all of the things we've put out of his reach in the kitchen. I just tied them up this morning. The last straw was when I was folding laundry in the basement and I thought he was having fun with his brother and sister down here. I must've left the door open at the top of the stairs, because when I finished folding the load I found him on the main floor, he had pushed a chair to the espresso machine in the kitchen and he was covered from head to toe in coffee grounds. There were grounds in his nose, under his fingernails... everywhere. Not really what I want to be cleaning up at 6 o'clock in the morning. He's already tested each chair to see if they will move! Is it wrong that I grinned with huge satisfaction that I outsmarted (for the moment) a toddler?!

I snapped a picture of the coffee ground incident, I'll try and put it up tomorrow.

I'm off to hit the books - more tomorrow after the exam...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! One for Mom!! I'm betting he'll have them untied before afternoon nap, so enjoy it while it lasts!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! Proof your kids and mine are related. Jenna (and Molly) are into everything. Ash would be if she could be. She smiles when Jenna gets in trouble. I worry she is too much like Tim.