Monday, February 4, 2008

Little bits of conversation

10 minutes before the exam phone rings:

"Is this Sunshine?"

"Yes."

"Um, I have Hunter here and uh, he doesn't have a fever but he's been to the bathroom 3 times in the last hour and um, before we call your emergency contacts I wanted to call and ask what would you like us to do?"

[in my head - %#&*!]

"Well, the exam starts at 10:20, can you keep him until 11:30? I could be there by then."

To Hunter (aka hypochondriac child): "Hunter, do you think you can last a little longer if your Mom picks you up before lunch?"

To me: "It looks like he can. We'll call your people if something, um, you know, happens before then."

"Okay, thanks."

Me to Emergency contacts: "Um, so just a heads up, you may be getting a call about Hunter and um, explosive issues."

**********************************************************************************
To my Emergency Contacts and all Emergency Contacts: Thanks for taking some seriously messed up calls. You rock.
**********************************************************************************

In the car yesterday, when I was feeling a bit under the weather.

Me: "I'm just going to have to put my big girl panties on and suck it up."

Mike: "Eww. I don't like those."

{laughter}

No comments: