Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The one where if you think I watch too much TV, you should keep that to yourself

I love TV.

I have actually uttered these words to my husband when he wanted to join a new, expensive gym. "Dude, we don't even pay that much for TV. And I like TV. I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY."

So last year was rough, with the whole writers strike thing. But it was also kinda cool because I was busy with school and probably didn't need to be distracted by all the shows anyway. However, the summer, my catch-up time, has been a little lacking.

For a minute I thought I was going to like Baby Borrowers. And it was amusing for a little while, but now I'm over it. Even with beer. Sad really.

Then I turned to Bravo. I finally broke down and watched Flipping Out. And I'm hooked. Like, forever. And then there's Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D-list, which I actually like, but have to be in the mood to watch. Ooohh... and Design Star is awesome. Love you Bravo.

Honorable mentions of the summer have been Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers, Jon and Kate plus 8, and all shows that wrap up a crime story (48 hours, Primetime Crime).

Highlights have to go to Weeds and Hopkins. If I could only pick two - these win, hands down.

And Big Brother. I am hopelessly addicted.

I was waiting for Big Love to start, but now I read it's not going to start until sometime next year. So sad. And then Nip/Tuck... what are they now? A fall show?! Bah. And last season - I don't know - it seems like they've lost their demented edge. And I really loved that edge... I guess the one guy getting stuffed with bear stuffing was pretty creepy. But we used to get that kind of stuff every week. I need to be freaked out regularly please.

Shows I miss and want back:

Dead Like Me (HOW did that get cancelled?)
Deadwood (Again... HOW?)
Alias (I love Jennifer Garner - bite me if you don't)
Friends (Okay, maybe it was only cool because I was in my 20's, but I bet NBC misses it too)
Six Feet Under (Why, oh why do good things have to end??? Wahhhhh!)

Things I am looking forward to this fall:

Grey's Anatomy
The Big Bang Theory
Chuck (shut up, it's good)
Lost
Dancing with the Stars (the Cheetah girl was robbed and no, I'm still not over it)
Ghost Whisperer (Meadow and I watch it on Saturday mornings, she calls it her horror show)
30 Rock
Dexter
House
Bones
Dirty Sexy Money
SNL
Californication

And I haven't even seen what's new that the networks are going to try to tempt me into watching! What's a girl to do?

I guess the point is: a) I watch too much TV, b) DVRs can really change your life people, c) perhaps I should have majored in something that would encourage people to pay me for watching entirely too much television, d) did I mention I watch too much TV? Um, yeah. True story.

No comments: